As our lives have been changed we are changing the world! Week by week, we hear heartwarming accounts of individuals whose lives have been transformed by MCC’s liberating message of God’s unconditional love. Year after year, as we grow in our personal lives we grow equally in our potential to make a difference in the lives of others. Our acts of caring, service to those in need, and advocacy for justice have touched thousands in our community and many more around the world. All of this is made possible through the progressive, positive, practical spirituality of Sunshine Cathedral MCC.
Safe and secure methods of giving provide convenient ways to offer our tithes and financial contributions to the ministries of Sunshine Cathedral. Choose any of the following giving options.
• Giving Online: The popular website EasyTithe.com allows you to make one-time gifts or set up recurring contributions. Click here to give now: Giving Made Easy – I’m a Proud Sunshine Cathedral Supporter!
• Giving by Mail: Convenient postage paid envelopes will be provided for you to mail your contributions to the Sunshine Cathedral. Click here to send email requesting envelopes to: Rev. Dr. Robert Griffin, Executive Minister
• Giving in Weekly Offerings: You can place your contributions in the offering plate during our weekly worship services. Offering envelopes are available in pew racks.
• Giving by Kiosk: A Giving Kiosk is conveniently located in the narthex. Credit and debit cards are accepted.
• Giving by Text2Give: Simply send a text to: 954-399-7333. Follow the one-time setup instruction and start giving. Credit and debit cards are accepted.
Yes. The Sunshine Cathedral MCC is recognized by the IRS as a qualified tax-exempt organization.
In January, each donor who gave $250 or more to the Sunshine Cathedral in the previous calendar year is provided an annual charitable gift receipt in accordance with IRS regulations. Receipts for amounts less than $250 are available on request.
How late in the year can I make a donation and receive a credit for this year’s taxes?
Per IRS regulations, contributions for each year must be received or postmarked by December 31 of that year in order to receive donation credit for that year’s tax purposes.
General Operating Fund: Donations to Sunshine Cathedral support its General Operating Fund. This fund makes possible the many day-to-day ministries and services of the church.
Special funds: Periodically, opportunities to designate a donation to a specific purpose become available. Examples of such purposes include the Building Fund and Capital Campaign; Christmas Eve Sponsorships; or special initiatives such as the MCC Global Justice Institute
To designate your contribution for such a specific purpose simply indicate the name of the purpose or initiative on the memo line of your check or on your offering envelope.
We want to avoid any criticism of the way we administer this liberal gift, “for we are taking pains to do what is right, not only in the eyes of the [Divine], but also in the eyes of others.” 2 Corinthians 8.20-21
The Board of Directors, the staff, and church leaders work hard to assure that all of our resources are used carefully and wisely.
Giving is not limited to simply our finances; it’s a lifestyle. When we live with the spirit of giving, when we give our community our tithes and our offerings, when we give to those in need, when we give of our time, our love, our resources, we are INSERT!
Christmas Angels are those who make Sunshine Cathedral’s Christmas Eve services grand and glorious. Angels give designated amounts in honor of or in memory of loved ones and those gifts make Christmas Eve celebrations possible.
8:00am – Noon PM